One of the challenges in building a timber frame home is finding a contractor who is not only capable of the task, but is a good fit with a client's vision of their home building dream.
Over the years, we have helped clients choose contractors simply by sharing our two-plus-decades of experience and advice. Here are a few tips on selecting contractors and/or subcontractors for timber-frame construction:
- Contractors should be familiar with working with wood siding and other natural materials. These materials have unique properties, and must be properly installed to achieve their full natural beauty and structural stability.
- We strongly recommend hiring contractors who have a “hands-on” approach, and will be on-site every day.
- For our growing group of Do It Yourself Timberbuilt clients, we have a DIY Page along with a DIY client testimonial.
- When needed, we do our best to help clients find contractors in the Western New York area as well as throughout the U.S. and Canada. Check our Contractor Page or contact Timberbuilt for more information.
- Last but not least, you might find it helpful to check out the profiles of some of our valued Timberbuilt contractors.
For more information and for advice on questions to ask your timber-frame home contractor, contact Timberbuilt.